Editorial Board Policy
Journal of Herbmed Pharmacology conducts a critical assessment for the selection of Editorial Board Members (EBMs), based on scholarly publications of candidates for the Editorial Board. The assessment is based on the quantity and the quality of published articles by the candidate, citation of her/his works together with the "h-index", based on the Scopus database, as an eligibility criterion for EBMs. Journal of Herbmed Pharmacology adheres to the COPE and ICMJE guidelines regarding the selection of EBMs. As a result, this journal's editorial board includes several esteemed members as follows:
- Editor-in-Chief (EIC)
- Editors/Senior Editors (Ed/SEd) for basic, translational and clinical sciences
- Associate Editors (AEd) for basic, translational and clinical sciences
- Editorial Board
- Technical Members of Editorial Office
To ensure the significant contribution of EBMs in conducting high-quality processing function upon any designated manuscript prior to its publication, Journal of Herbmed Pharmacology follows certain procedures to ensure upon such facts, code of conduct, and standards.
She/he is the scientist who plays the central role to ensure upon general integrity and quality of the content of the manuscript submitted. EIC must possess extensive editorial and interpersonal skills to be able to lead the publication process.
Qualification: She/he must possess a Ph.D./M.D./Pharm.D. degree from an internationally well-known university
Work experience: The Chief Editor should be a full Professor. She/he must be author/coauthor of over 120 publications (with at least 10% corresponding role) in International peer-reviewed journals, based on the Scopus database. The minimum h-index for the EIC is 22 based on the Scopus database.
Job responsibilities: She/he is utterly in charge and responsible for the decision made for the submitted manuscripts. The EIC must be familiar with several key matters, including subject literature, research design, issues related to research techniques, artworks, publication software, statistics, publication ethics, and code of conduct as well as standards for high-quality publications, as follows:
- The EIC must conduct regular meetings to lead-cross all the peers of the Editorial Board, updating them with required code conducts, standards, and new policies of the Journal.
- The EIC is responsible for setting annual goals and assigning responsibilities to all members of the Editorial Board members for the peer-review process and keeps track of their timely completion.
- The EIC should strive for the development of the Journal and suggest the publisher for further improvisations with additional policies.
- The EIC should be responsible for the selection and rotation of Editorial Board members, maintenance, and development of the Journal, participation in the review process, and look for appropriateness.
- The EIC should cross-check the content quality, writing style and construction, grammar, spellings, data presentation, and organization prior to taking the final decision.
- The EIC should ensure that the manuscript is neither plagiarized nor published elsewhere. If the paper found plagiarized, then he/she must reject the manuscript straight away.
- The EIC should supervise and support the publisher in handling complaints and appeals, responding genuinely to ethical problems regarding the publication of any duplicate or fraudulent work.
- The EIC should publish timely editorials to shape the direction of the Journal based on the Aims and Scope.
Editor/Senior Editor (Ed/SEd)
She/he is next to the EIC - an internationally well-known scientist - with dual roles as the Ed/SEd and EBM responsible for the peer-review process and ensuring publication of high-quality papers.
Qualification: A Ph.D./MD/PharmD degree from a renowned university.
Work experience: She/he must have published over 80 publications in international peer-reviewed journals, and holds an h-index of 18. The Ed/SEd must be an associate professor position.
Job responsibilities: He/she should assist the chief editor in different aspects related to the works of publication, conducting an annual meeting, setting annual objectives and peer review process, and fulfill responsibilities as follows:
- The Ed/SEd is responsible for the quality of Journal content and the published papers.
- She/he should invite/commission for the submission of high-quality articles.
- The Ed/SEd should provide constructive and fair feedback to the contributing authors, fellow AEds, and Reviewers.
- She/he must ensure upon code of conducts on the accepted manuscripts so that the manuscript is neither plagiarized nor published elsewhere.
- The Ed/SEd, based on the COPE guidelines, should fairly handle the cases related to complaints, requests, appeals, and ethical issues.
- She/he should provide necessary advice to promote the quality of the Journal's publications.
- The Ed/SEd must be appraised and take up the role of the EIC whenever necessary.
Associate Editor (AEd)
The AEds are required to be well versed with the publication policies peer-review process and codes of conduct regarding the publication of articles.
Qualification: A Ph.D. degree from an internationally renowned university.
Work experience: The AEd must have or 50 publications in international peer-reviewed journals, with the h-index of 15 based on the Scopus database. She/he must hold an assistant professor position.
Job Responsibilities: She/he should possess excellent interpersonal skills and invite or commission for the submission of high-quality manuscripts from well-known scientists. Each AEd should review 15-25 manuscripts annually and fulfill required responsibilities. The AEd should monitor the trend of the Journal and published articles, assisting the EIC and SEds in the selection of high-quality manuscripts performing the following duties:
- The AEd should assist the EIC and Eds/SEds in terms of the peer-review process for the publication of high-quality articles.
- She/he should help authors regarding their submissions whenever necessary, and help the Editors and Reviewers with the guidelines in accordance with COPE.
- The AEd must participate in annual meetings and interact with other members of the Editorial Board in the line with the Aims and Scope of the Journal, providing necessary updates whenever necessary.
- The AEd should monitor the manuscripts in terms of writing style, English language, artworks in accordance with the Journal's policy and authors' guidelines.
- She/he should ensure upon effective peer-review process and timely publication.
- She/he should ensure the integrity of the Journal content and quality in the published articles.
- The AEd should ensure that the manuscript is neither plagiarized nor published elsewhere.
Editorial Board Members (EBMs)
The EBM should have at least 35 publications with an h-index of over 15 based on the Scopus database. The EBM must be familiar with the peer-review process, publication ethics, and code of conduct as well as standards for high-quality publications. Each member of the Editorial Board of the Journal is required to review 10-15 manuscripts annually.
Editorial Office Technical Members (EOTMs)
Journal of Herbmed Pharmacology EOTMs include Managing Editor, Production Manager, Ethics Editor, Language Editor(s), IT Consultant, and Technical Manager. All EOTMs must be experts in several key matters such as English language, software related to publications, artworks of publication, publication ethics, code of conduct, and standards for high-quality publications.
Journal of Herbmed Pharmacology follows the COPE's guidelines regarding the Editorial Board Policy, and hence, the guidelines stated above are liable to possible modifications according to the COPE amendments/updates.
In case of failing to accomplish the required responsibilities, editors will be removed from the Editorial Board according to the Editorial Board Policy.